Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thing 16: YouTube

No. No. No. You WILL NOT watch YouTube at the Library.

That's what my computers at work have been telling me on this "thing." Apparently streaming video is a space hog on our already crowded Internet lines so YouTube has been ixnayed from our staff computers. I waste enough time on YouTube at home so I certainly don't need to go there now...

One funny aside, while my hubby was in class last night (FSU LIS class of 2011, go team!) they were discussing the use of YouTube clips to promote information literacy instruction. They watched a painfully awful clip about evaluating website validity featuring a college student dressed up like Elvis. Seriously.

Here it is, watch it if you dare.

Viva La YouTube!

1 comment:

  1. ACK!! I dared and I'm sooo sorry I did! That should be titled: How Not To Make An Instructional Video!!

    Thanks for sharing, thankyouverymuch!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida
Children's Librarian