Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thing 20: Books 2.0


Booooooks!

Thank you for bringing Books 2.0 into this discussion. I secretly want a Kindle because it gives me massive techno-envy. I mean, I can be on the beach and download a novel right then and there. Wowee zowee. Anyone have one I could play with for a while?

I played around with Books on My Phone, which I would TOTALLY do if I wasn't too cheap to decline the data plan for my phone. Although I love the printed page I think the features of electronic books are awesome and right up my alley.

I was VERY sad to see that LookyBook has gone away. Britta and I shared some free moments there a few months ago enjoying the full page electronic versions of these contemporary kids books. Bye Bye Lookybook, so nice to know you...

I have Visual Bookshelf on my Facebook profile...this reminds me that I need to update it soon.

I also found some great wallpapers for my computer from the Vintage Children's Book Flickr pool. Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida
Children's Librarian